Most holiday gathering tables are filled with indulge worthy foods and we are here to help you add in a healthier option to complement them.
A fresh, light, delicious Kale Quinoa Salad. An easy way to add some greens to your table!
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (approximately)
- 1 bunch (about 1/2 pound) red grapes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (toasted if desired) plus a few more to sprinkle over salad
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- SALAD: Combine kale, olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste in a large bowl. Gently massage the kale to soften and wilt it slightly.
- Add quinoa, grapes, onion and walnuts and toss to combine.
- DRESSING: Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over salad and mix well.
- To serve: Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with additional coarsely chopped walnuts.
Whether you use this salad for a Thanksgiving side or a fun lunch option, it is an easy and delicious dish to fill your table with. Start cooking!